Hello from Duluth Minnesota, USA

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Hello from Duluth Minnesota, USA

Post by Dennis Leahy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:37 am

I am honored that Kim invited me to join the Australian/New Zealand Luthiers Forum, especially considering I am neither Australian nor New Zealander, and have only built one guitar.

For those that don't know me from other forums, I have a pretty experimental mindset when it comes to lutherie, so you won't see anything resembling "normal" from me. (Well, maybe that goes for me in general, not just lutherie.)

I consider myself fully addicted with a severe case of WAS, and I'm not sure if I crawled through the Great Victorian Desert, if I would be more interested in a canteen of cool water or a great set of WA Sheoak. In fact, I see that Tim Spittle has decided to use a photo of my lace Sheoak set as his avatar!

Somewhere in the planning stages are a few guitars using wood from Oz, and maybe even fret markers of Yowah or Koroit boulder opal, if I can get just the right material.

Well, anyway, it's nice to be here! And this fuels my dream to visit your corner of the world someday. Maybe I can bring some rain with me!

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Welcome

Post by Hesh1956 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:43 am

Welcome Dennis! :serg :cl :cl :cl :cl

It's good to see you here and I think that you will enjoy the ANZLF too.

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:50 am

Hi Dennis, welcome to the ANZLF, a fine group to be with and can't wait to see what you're building! :D :cl

Serge
Jesus, family, friends, guitar and mandolin : D

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:51 am

Thanks, Hesh!

Is that wiggly, thumbs-up emoticon a Serge head? Too funny!

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:53 am

Thanks, Serge! I enjoyed hearing the clip of you playing your Heshtone. Very cool!

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:26 am

Yes Dennis, that's my ugly mug that Billy the Kid Thomas has put on an emoticon! :oops:

Thanks dude, it will be a pleasure to read your posts again!

Serge
Jesus, family, friends, guitar and mandolin : D

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:27 am

Oh great, there goes the neighbourhood :D

Great to see you here Dennis, glad you could make it and a big welcome to you and your open thoughts to the ANZLF 8)

Cheers

Kim

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:19 am

Kim wrote:Oh great, there goes the neighbourhood :D

Cheers

Kim
Kim, I promise to brush my teeth at least once a week, cuss only when absolutely necessary, and if I work on your refrigerator I will wear a belt.

Thanks for making me welcome, my friend!

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

BillyT
Blackwood

Post by BillyT » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:08 pm

and if I work on your refrigerator I will wear a belt.
Welcome to the forum Dennis! Ah! Where you gonna keep your pencil then? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:38 pm

BillyT wrote:
and if I work on your refrigerator I will wear a belt.
Welcome to the forum Dennis! Ah! Where you gonna keep your pencil then? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Billy, thanks for the welcome.

You know, a lot of people love to include LOL or ROTFLMAO in their comments, but I'll tell you that you and Kim have definitely made me LOL more than any other posters in all of the luthier forums. (fora?) I love your wit!

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

BillyT
Blackwood

Post by BillyT » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:27 pm

I don't mean to insult Kim, but, we are quite a bit alike!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Dennis! Sergicons, Bikini Hesh, Sergemu, Heshasaurus, Hesh Kabong, Mandolin Serge.... Wow... how the time flies... I would of done them just for myself, let alone my smart a$$ comments!! I hope I don't get too irritating!! :shock:

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:05 pm

Dennis Leahy wrote: You know, a lot of people love to include LOL or ROTFLMAO in their comments, but I'll tell you that you and Kim have definitely made me LOL more than any other posters in all of the luthier forums. (fora?) I love your wit! Dennis
Love your wit to Dennis, never seen a single post from you I did not enjoy or find interesting and informative, it realy is good to have you with us. :D
BillyT wrote:I don't mean to insult Kim, but, we are quite a bit alike!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Insult?? I think not, rather an honour you should say so Billy.

Become irritated by such a loaded, intelligent and out of the box wit?? Impossible Mr Dean, impossible. 8)

Now, enough of this group hug session, lets get back to slagging off at each other :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Cheers

Kim