Weird 9/11 facts

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Serge
Blackwood

Weird 9/11 facts

Post by Serge » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:39 am

The end with the font is real,u have to try it!!!!!!!!!!!! do it.

1) New York City has 11 letters

2) Afghanistan has 11 letters.

3) Ramsin Yuseb (The terrorist who threatened to destroy the Twin Towers in 1993) has 11 letters.

4) George W Bush has 11 letters.

5) The two twin towers make an "11" This could be a mere coincidence, but this gets more interesting:

1) New York is the 11th state.

2) The first plane crashing against the Twin Towers was flight number 11.

3) Flight 11 was carrying 92 passengers. 9 + 2 = 11

4) Flight 77 which also hit Twin Towers, was carrying 65 passengers. 6+5 = 11

5) The tragedy was on September 11, or 9/11 as it is now known. 9 + 1+ 1 = 11

6) The date is equal to the US emergency services telephone number 911. 9 + 1 + 1 = 11.
Sheer coincidence..?! Read on and make up your own mind:

1) The total number of victims inside all the hi-jacked planes was 254. >2 + 5 + 4 = 11.

2) September 11 is day number 254 of the calendar year. Again 2 + 5 + 4 = 11.

3) The Madrid bombing took place on 3/11/2004. 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 11.

4) The tragedy of Madrid happened 911 days after the Twin Towers incident. Sheer coincidence..?!
Read on and make up your own mind: Now this is where things get totally eerie: The most recognised symbol for the US, after the Stars & Stripes, is the Eagle. The following verse is taken from the Quran, the Islamic holy book: "For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced: for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah and there was peace." That verse is number 9.11 of the Quran. Still uncovinced about all of this..?!

Try this and see how you feel afterwards, it made my hair stand on end: Open Microsoft Word and do the following(TRY THIS FOR REAL)

1. Type in capitals Q33 NY. This is the flight number of the first plane to hit one of the Twin Towers.

2. Highlight the Q33 N
3. Change the font size to 48.
4. Change the actual font to the WINGDINGS 1

Serge
Jesus, family, friends, guitar and mandolin : D

Ron Wisdom
Blackwood

Post by Ron Wisdom » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:20 pm

Whoa, Sergeio, that is really weird!!

Ron

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:32 pm

Yeah Ron, spooky too! :shock:

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:57 pm

Serge youre thinking too much. Channel the energy into building those beautiful guitars mate :D

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:39 pm

Sorry Serge but this looks to be yet more Internet bullshit buddy, pretty tricky though.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/issue57.html#two

Cheers M8

Kim

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:17 pm

Even if it is a hoax, i gotta say that it was a well thought out one! :lol: :wink:

Rod True
Siberian Tiger

Post by Rod True » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:35 pm

My brother in-law has a saying that we use quite frequently.

"It's on the internet, it's got to be true" Than we all just roll our eyes.

There are thousands of people out there who go to crazy lenghts to either gain fame, try to fool, or perverse an event. I will never understand it. I tend to never believe these types of "coincidence" type emails either. It's really not worth my time.

One thing I try to do when I recieve them is to do exactly like Kim has done. Check it out, see if it holds water, 99 times out of 100 they don't.

There are many many many people on the earth that live lives out of or based on fear. Emails and articles such as this one all try and feed that fear.

Don't give in to fear, educate your self and be sure of what is true (that's a whole other can of worms I know).
"I wish one of the voices in your head would tell you to shut the hell up." - Warren De Montegue

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:40 pm

This one was passed on to me by someone not mentionning if it was true or not, i was just amazed with the drawings that appeared at the end and did not check for facts since the person who sent it to me is an elderly friend from the states.

If that post bothers people, i'm making a public apology and wouldn't mind having it removed.

Serge

Rod True
Siberian Tiger

Post by Rod True » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:51 am

No worries M8

Hey, I feel a little upside down like our southern friends. :lol:
"I wish one of the voices in your head would tell you to shut the hell up." - Warren De Montegue

Ron Wisdom
Blackwood

Post by Ron Wisdom » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:58 am

This isn't really a hoax, it's just that someone found all these curiosities, and made some inferences where they probably were't really meant to exist. You can put together all sorts of things from stuff like this. It is interesting, though. And some of the relationships might have been thought out beforehand. Who knows? But, one shouldn't read too much into stuff like this.

Ron

Bob Connor
Admin

Post by Bob Connor » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:18 am

Serge wrote:
If that post bothers people, i'm making a public apology and wouldn't mind having it removed.

Serge
No need to remove it Serge. This thread is a great example of how people should conduct themselves online and be able to question whilst still being civil and not offending anyone.

Bob

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:16 am

Thanks Bob!