Resonant Frequency = 0

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

seeaxe
Blackwood

Resonant Frequency = 0

Post by seeaxe » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:07 pm

DSC03673 comp.jpg
The latest addition to the Shed...on loan from the museum I volunteer at, so I can give it a bit of TLC.
Not running at the moment, so the Gore Gilet tap testing and intensive VA investigation will have to wait!

Fun but may cause guitar finishing problems :D
Richard

seeaxe
Blackwood

Re: Resonant Frequency = 0

Post by seeaxe » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:34 pm

Resonant frequency now equals about 15 Hz as it's now well cleaned up and running. Unfortunately the clutch is seized so I can't ride it. Not to mention the practically non existent front brake. Or lack of seat. I'm not game to sit on the frame without a seat as the ignition coil is mounted right under a very sensitive part of the anatomy.

The bike has some metric bolts, some UNC, some UNF and hence a wide range of whitworth SAE and metric spanners required. It usually took three or four tries to get the right spanner for anything. We got there in the end.

It's got some character but it reminds me why i like my Japanese motorcycles so much.

If I can get this back to the museum before Christmas I might be able to start on some guitars (and the lute, maybe)
Richard

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:09 am

seeaxe wrote: Unfortunately the clutch is seized so I can't ride it. Not to mention the practically non existent front brake. Or lack of seat. I'm not game to sit on the frame without a seat as the ignition coil is mounted right under a very sensitive part of the anatomy.
In New Zealand that would class as a roadworthy vehicle.
Martin

Kamusur
Blackwood

Post by Kamusur » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:12 pm

Even operational Richard the front drum wouldn't stop too much in a hurry, but i guess in truth a lot didn't travel in a great hurry. Love it all the same though, polish the alloy some, paint the barrel black, bit o work on the guards and rims, leave the orange and white as is ,,,,guess ya see where i'm goin with this.

Steve

seeaxe
Blackwood

Post by seeaxe » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:31 pm

The power of the inter web to deliver information is to me the wonder of the modern world....not only does it provide access to the worlds friendliest luthiers but there's also a great forum for bantam fettlers. All of whom seem to have the same opinion as you Steve :D

For example, the back guard was held on with light fence wire (what else...) and when I jokingly suggested upgrading the wire to stainless there were some interesting comments basically pleading with me to find a bit of rusty wire and use that!. But an amazing forum with people all over the world chipping with suggestions for my lack of spark or seized clutch.

We're very lucky to live in the times we do, I think. And very lucky to have people like Bob who make it all work so smoothly.
Richard

seeaxe
Blackwood

Post by seeaxe » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:33 pm

The forum that is, not the world. He's not THAT good
Richard

Kamusur
Blackwood

Post by Kamusur » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:16 pm

Yes so true and even further, we are lucky to be just living Richard. An old school mate had a Hodaka Combat Wombat but longed for a Bantam Bushman, as for me gotten sillier with age and make do with my 1098s thumper :shock:

Steve