Another Quake

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Dekka
Blackwood

Another Quake

Post by Dekka » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:57 pm

My thoughts are with the people of Christchurch enduring yet another quake. Info is sketchy at the moment but I'm sure the memories of 2011 must make it all the more traumatic.

-Derek
"Tuoba-esra si od I gnihtyreve."

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: Another Quake

Post by kiwigeo » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:10 pm

5.7 magnitude with hypocentre just off the coast. No deaths but a fair bit of liquefaction and a bit of building damage.

Eight days prior to the 5th anniversary of the 2011 quake.

Nick are you ok?
Martin

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:17 am

Whoops, been away up in Palmerston North for a week, sans internet (I've had a 3 month old grandson to fill the technology void). Yeah we were driving back from Timaru when the 5.7 hit so never felt a thing, we live over in Riccarton so a little way away from the coast so when we got back there were a couple of pictures that had relocated to the floor but apart from that no damage. Been feeling a few aftershocks but we tend to be a bit blase about them now. But we will be remembering those that died five years ago today with a minutes silence at 12.51.
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:03 pm

Nick wrote: But we will be remembering those that died five years ago today with a minutes silence at 12.51.
Same here.....
Martin