Scum bags - thieving shits

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

simso
Blackwood

Scum bags - thieving shits

Post by simso » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:13 pm

Does it not piss you off and screw your day up when someone steals from you.

Had our car stolen last night, they smashed the window of my sons car and ransacked his car for a few bucks - new window 500 dollars and then they decided, hey why not, lets go for a joy ride and stole our car.

I really do not know what I would do if I caught them, dead serious......

In turn however it screws your whole day, your zen, your attitude all gone to shit...

Steve
Steve
Master of nothing,

Do your own repairs - http://www.mirwa.com.au/How_to_Series.html

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: Scum bags - thieving shits

Post by kiwigeo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:18 pm

Karma will sort them out....one day they'll rock up to your shop with an instrument for repairs.....
Martin

demonx
Blackwood

Post by demonx » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:39 pm

That's effed. Hope you don't get screwed over on insurance.

There's so much of it happening around here that it's just become normal.

Woke up a while back to some loud noises and looked out the bedroom window to see the flames from a couple of dumped cars down the bottom of the valley being torched. Pretty scary when you live in the bush.

simso
Blackwood

Post by simso » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:49 pm

We have our car back, well the insurance company does, they did around 400kms, and ran out of petrol, front tyres are bald, so I suspect they have been doing burnouts in it, small dents here and there all over the car, it will need a full respray me thinks.

Currently with the insurance assessors

Steve
Steve
Master of nothing,

simso
Blackwood

Post by simso » Tue May 16, 2017 10:39 am

So my car got written off.

Paid out market value which is way under what it was worth, lesson learnt insure for agreed value.

Bought another car, we worked out now 6 weeks later, financially 10,000 worst off for it, yes we have a newer car, but we really did not need one

Go figure

Scum bags

Steve
Steve
Master of nothing,

Ormsby Guitars

Post by Ormsby Guitars » Tue May 16, 2017 1:46 pm

:(

Always do agreed value. We review our policy every six months, and our insurer has been very willing to discuss valuations every time. Hell, they even called us to suggest we move values up once.

scuffle
Myrtle

Post by scuffle » Tue May 16, 2017 7:39 pm

I feel your pain brother. I had my tool trailer flogged from my front lawn about a year ago. Dickholes just rolled up, unhooked it off my ute, whacked it on their car and bolted. Arsehats couldnt al least unhook the lights for my so they ripped out the socket. $2000 for the trailer (which was only 3 months old) and about $7000 worth of tools. Never saw it again, never heard from the cops about it and didnt get a payout. Insurance said because it wasnt bolted to my ute it wasnt covered. Thieving pricks got away with it without a hassle.
Coppers even had the balls to ring me and tell me to go and ask my neighbours if they had security cameras. Is that not their job? Or is $10000 worth of tools and my livelyhood not worht their time. Fuck that pissed me off!
Sorry now I'm all worked up. Nothing I hate more than theives. Scum of the earth in my opinion.
---
Cheers,
Andrew Hobson

simso
Blackwood

Post by simso » Tue May 16, 2017 8:21 pm

Yep, frustrates you when the scum of the earth prosper.

I learnt something new, not market value - agreed value.

Steve
Steve
Master of nothing,

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:58 am

Agreed value can work against you. In this example car is flogged for 400k....Do you really want it back? Market maybe 7k, agreed lets say 10k. Assessor now has 3k more panel and paint to spend before you get saved from a lemon. If you thought that insurance would pay for a trashed box and slappy pistons and bearings caused by the joy ride, think again. They will fix what is no longer servicable, but they wont touch what still works....for now. So it breaks 6 month after you get the car back and youll just take it back. Well first they would expect you to prove that mechanical wear had not been preexisting or a result of use since the repairs were signed off and that will be fun when they will be doing everything they can to not see things from your perspective because it can only cost them money. Same with a heavy impact collision. An insurer will appear to be prepared to spend every cent of an agreed 30k policy to return your 23k market value Tojo back to you simply because they know that sometime during the assessment process the penny will drop for you that yours is just another fucking car with black tyres and a steering wheel and that time, inconvenience and peace of mind have enough value to make most agreed policy owners greatfullly accepting a cheque for market value as full settlement discharge so they can get on with their life, rather than getting back the once crumpled wreck that was probably nearly their coffin. That's why in most cases, an insurer will not even bother to inspect your vehicle prior to accepting agreed sum. They just let you pay the premium, and allow you to discover the pitfalls for yourself. After all, they already know all the rules cause they wrote them and your best intrest was the last thing on their mind when doing so. Thats why you find their office buildings in capital cities, no need to look for a sign Just look up for the 2nd tallest, you know, the ones that only get shade from the banks buildings..

Cheers

Kim

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:49 am

BTW Regarding agreed sum insurance, here's something else worth knowing. Any sum agreed to by you and your insurer that is beyond your vehicles market value is considered an unrecoverable loss in the event of an accident. In other words if someone runs a red causing a collision and your vehicle is deemed to be an economic write off as a result, the at fault driver is only liable for the PAMV (pre-accident market value) of your vehicle. Any agreed sum paid to you over your vehicles PAMV will be absorbed directly by the insurer. This is why dollar for dollar an agreed sum policy is expensive cover. The other thing to consider about only being able to recover market value from a culpable 3rd party, is that pouring big bucks into your pride and joy, and then getting cleaned up by a yob, can cost you big time should you 'not' have an agreed sum policy. Problem with lets say a VN Commadore with 30k of motor, 10k of paint, another 10k on the drivetrain, 6k on trim, same on rims and rubber, etc, etc, etc, is finding an insurer who is willing to take your risk onboard at a doable price. Not likely because a 1990 VN SS has a current book of between 2.2k for a rattler and 5k for a sweety. That leaves a humungous unrecoverable loss just dangling out there no matter how perfectly you drive, and chances are, it will be without any cover at all. My advice, go to the dark side and get a ute with a few dents.