Guitar Workshop Build Video Slide Show

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

WJ Guitars
Blackwood

Guitar Workshop Build Video Slide Show

Post by WJ Guitars » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:09 pm

Hi All

In between projects I have been going through photos and decided to make a video slide show of the conversion of my old garage into a Guitar Workshop. Refer to Youtube link.

https://youtu.be/fJG8bx5qLYQ

I took me 12 months to build. Its great now to be able to continue on building Acoustic Guitars and learn better ways to build better guitars.

Regards
Wayne

seeaxe
Blackwood

Re: Guitar Workshop Build Video Slide Show

Post by seeaxe » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:49 pm

Hi Wayne

Haven't been here for a while so only just watched this, looks like a great project. Must be very satisfying working in there.
And seeing as I'm late to the party, anything you would do differently if you were doing it again?
I wondered if the floor (looks lovely btw) might be slippery with some wood dust on it?
Richard

WJ Guitars
Blackwood

Re: Guitar Workshop Build Video Slide Show

Post by WJ Guitars » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:54 pm

Hi Richard

Thanks for the comments about the workshop.

[Haven't been here for a while so only just watched this, looks like a great project. Must be very satisfying working in there.
And seeing as I'm late to the party, anything you would do differently if you were doing it again?
I wondered if the floor (looks lovely btw) might be slippery with some wood dust on it?]

Generally, I am very happy with the workshop layout and how it all works together when building guitars. My wish list would be have to be to create even more space available to display guitars and room for additional machines. However, being retired now and having this great hobby to build guitars the workshop is wonderful. In regards to the floor, the shine is now duller and so far has not proven to be a slippery issue. I just didn't want to be standing on concrete. The timber floor has created a great environment in the workshop and is very comfortable on my feet and back as I spend a lot of time in the workshop.

Regards
Wayne