Introduction & hilarity

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

zac_in_ak
Wandoo

Introduction & hilarity

Post by zac_in_ak » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi All

I don't live anywhere near Aus (up in Alaska) but I am a budding luthier (1 so far on #2) some of you know me from the other forums. I build Ukuleles and love all things Hawaiian (my home) I look forward to learning more about some of your fabulous tonewoods. Might even build with some if the shipping doesn't kill me :lol: The auth code to sign up is hilarious Hesh did you know you are famous? Funny I didn't see any Dr***N****Ts on your web page :lmao
Ukuleles will take OVER!

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:55 pm

Heya Zak,

Good to see you in here mate. Look forward to following your uke builds.

Cheers Martin

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:57 pm

Welcome Zak. We're always looking for people that can see the funny side of life.

Hope you take the time to post pictures of some of your work. Some of us have built ukes, and I'd like to try a couple before year end. Post away M8.
Allen R. McFarlen
https://www.brguitars.com
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:11 pm

Welcome aboard Zac, I've seen you around at the OLF, but welcome here too!

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:14 pm

Hey Zak,

Good to have you with us M8, always enjoyed your positive spirit and humour and I look forward to your input as both a member, and builder here at the ANZLF.

Cheers

Kim

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Post by Hesh1956 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi Zac my friend and welcome to the ANZLF! :cl :cl :cl :cl

It's great to have you here and knowing you as I do I suspect that you will really enjoy the crew here.

Congrats on the recent Uke completion too even if it is pink..... :D Man - putting paint on an instrument shame, shame..... :D

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:52 pm

He did what?????!!!!!! :shock:

joel
Blackwood

Post by joel » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:35 pm

Pink paint is OK. Surely no-one can have anything against pink paint on a stringed instrument (especially if it's for a little girl!).

Black paint however... :shock: now there's a colour that should never be seen on an instrument! :wink:
- If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs. - David Daye.

- The mouth of a happy man is filled with beer. -

John Maddison
Blackwood

Post by John Maddison » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:47 pm

Welcome Zac
From one uke maker to another, it's nice to have a kindred spirit on board :-). Currently building a Tenor from (frustratingly out-of-scale) plans from LMI, using a high-figured Tasmanian Blackwood set from the affable Tim Spittle (check out his informative Australian Tonewoods links elsewhere on this forum). Post us some pics of "The Pinkie" ... 'tis always good to share ideas & innovations about these fun-to-build instruments.
Cheers from Oz
John M
John M

zac_in_ak
Wandoo

Post by zac_in_ak » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:53 pm

I confess I have done both the pink ukulele was for my 5 year old daughter and the black was a classical that was my first attempt at repair and I sanded past the top layer of the plywood(ewww) on the top and sides it looked so BAD that I did my best to covor it up now I know NEVER use power sanders! I will post pinkie in a new thread

Thanks for the warm welcome M8s!
Ukuleles will take OVER!