New shop

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

KreherGuitars
Beefwood

New shop

Post by KreherGuitars » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:26 am

Hi everyone, I haven’t really contributed anything but questions over the last year I have been on here. And building has always been a free time thing since I graduated Galloup on 2014. With shops in my attic or basement. But In october I made a big move from Buffalo NY to Bremen Germany to live with my wife. It’s been quite an immersion. But after my German classes I’m the mornings I have been working on setting up shop in a space provided by the Creative Hub Bremen. And it’s looking good. Very excited to continue work.
Attachments
9C68FD97-26C3-4951-A030-ED2E5DBF5F60.jpeg

Bob_H
Blackwood

Re: New shop

Post by Bob_H » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:28 am

Big changes - always fun - best of luck with your new venture. I would be interested in hearing more about the creative hub in Bremen - sounds like a great idea.
Bob Holbert
Lyndoch

KreherGuitars
Beefwood

Post by KreherGuitars » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:42 am

Hey Bob, the creative hub in Bremen is cool, although relatively new and not super effectively run yet. Many other cities have a creative hub and is love to check them out when I leave. It’s super ideal for artists and crafts people getting their feet on the ground. Bremen’s is organized by a large development company owned by the city that creates affordable housing. The hub is its charitable project to help its public image. The company buys buildings to flip or renovate in the future. But they aren’t always ready to do so. Maybe it will sit there a year or two. In that time the hub can provide artists with a space at no cost but a very small membership fee.

Mark McLean
Blackwood

Post by Mark McLean » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:36 am

Hi Anthony. It sounds like you have been experiencing some really exciting changes. The new space looks good (nice workbench!) and the way it is provided at minimal cost is cool. I hope you are managing to be creative and productive with all of this change swirling around you (not to mention a pandemic as well). Show us some of your work when you have time.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:47 pm

Shop looks good Anthony...looking forward to seeing some builds.
Martin