Resonator

Instrument plans that are available on the internet free of charge. Please add any that you find here.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

ScottC.
Myrtle

Resonator

Post by ScottC. » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Does anyone know where to get plans for a wooden body resonator guitar?
Thanks, Scott C.
My excuse is "I'm new"

liam_fnq
Blackwood

Re: Resonator

Post by liam_fnq » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:24 am

Dobro or biscuit?

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:28 am

Got mine from Beard Guitars Resophonic outfitters Scott, lots of other parts for reso's too.
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

ScottC.
Myrtle

Post by ScottC. » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:48 am

Thanks, could I really build one from scratch with those plans? They just didn't look that detailed from what I could see on the website. It looked like they do have all the parts needed.
Scott C.
Nick wrote:Got mine from Beard Guitars Resophonic outfitters Scott, lots of other parts for reso's too.
My excuse is "I'm new"

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:44 pm

ScottC wrote:could I really build one from scratch with those plans?
From memory (I've had them tucked away for a while now waiting to make a start on the reso) the answer is yes. They're 1:1 and whilst you shouldn't scale from drawings, they have the most important dimensions on them (such as bout widths, body & neck length, body depth e.t.c) that you could soon work out any undimensioned parts no problems. The soundwell e.t.c is the heart of these instruments & are premade so if the rest of it, (the box e.t.c) is off by a few millimeters here and there, it's not going matter a monkey's bum at the end of the day.
"Jesus Loves You."

ScottC.
Myrtle

Post by ScottC. » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:29 am

Thanks a bunch, I do want to build from scratch rather than a kit. It looks like I should be able to do it!
Scott C.

Nick wrote:
ScottC wrote:could I really build one from scratch with those plans?
From memory (I've had them tucked away for a while now waiting to make a start on the reso) the answer is yes. They're 1:1 and whilst you shouldn't scale from drawings, they have the most important dimensions on them (such as bout widths, body & neck length, body depth e.t.c) that you could soon work out any undimensioned parts no problems. The soundwell e.t.c is the heart of these instruments & are premade so if the rest of it, (the box e.t.c) is off by a few millimeters here and there, it's not going matter a monkey's bum at the end of the day.
My excuse is "I'm new"

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:08 am

I won't be building from a kit either Scott, there's enough info on the drawings to be able to knock one of these up. I will be buying in pre-made a soundwell though, be bloody hard to make from scratch without some years of experience at making drum shells or laminated hoops & making a decent job of it. For the 50 or so $ to buy one already made, I don't see it's worth the time or worry on my part.
Be interested in seeing you post a few pics as you build it, I've got a twelve string build before I tackle the reso so if you post pics, I'll be able to see what I'm letting myself in for :lol:
"Jesus Loves You."

ScottC.
Myrtle

Post by ScottC. » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:25 am

Hey Nick, I have a couple in line before the resonator as well. I priced all the premade metal parts at about $220 USD.

Nick wrote:I won't be building from a kit either Scott, there's enough info on the drawings to be able to knock one of these up. I will be buying in pre-made a soundwell though, be bloody hard to make from scratch without some years of experience at making drum shells or laminated hoops & making a decent job of it. For the 50 or so $ to buy one already made, I don't see it's worth the time or worry on my part.
Be interested in seeing you post a few pics as you build it, I've got a twelve string build before I tackle the reso so if you post pics, I'll be able to see what I'm letting myself in for :lol:
My excuse is "I'm new"