Design Book

You can ask questions here about Trevor and Gerard's exciting new book on Luthiery.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

TomBeltran
Gidgee

Design Book

Post by TomBeltran » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:50 pm

This is probably old news to those on this group and guitar builders everywhere, but I just finished reading the Design book, and it is not only incredibly interesting (except I'm only good for a page of equations before my eyes glaze over) it is truly impressive, and very practical. Over the years, I've read articles and theses, but the specific application was missing. Here, the most immediately useful information is the ability to analyze problems on a finished guitar, like wolf notes, intonations, and things, and have the tools (described in the book) that can be implemented in a methodical manner to ameliorate, if not completely cure them. With much of the material I had some background, and incorporated that understanding in a very limited way to my building process, but nothing like the detailed treatment in the books. Trevor and Gerard Gilet have made a huge addition to the evolution and refinement of the guitar. I've read parts of the build book to see the implementation of some of the design information, and it is equally impressive. Things have sure come a long way. Tom

Trevor Gore
Blackwood

Re: Design Book

Post by Trevor Gore » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:25 am

Thanks for the kind words, Tom.