Where has everyone gone?

You can ask questions here about Trevor and Gerard's exciting new book on Luthiery.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

GregHolmberg
Myrtle

Where has everyone gone?

Post by GregHolmberg » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:18 am

This forum (on "the book") used to be a lively place. Now it can be weeks between posts. I've posted some things that should be of interest to those who have the book, and, save for Trevor (thanks, Trevor!), I haven't gotten a single comment.

So where have the "left-brained" people gone? Where can one discuss the science and engineering of acoustic guitars?

acousticguitarconstructionforum.com ?
classicalguitardelcamp.com ?
mimf.com ?

I'm at a loss to find a place!

Greg

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: Where has everyone gone?

Post by kiwigeo » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:09 pm

GregHolmberg wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:18 am
This forum (on "the book") used to be a lively place. Now it can be weeks between posts. I've posted some things that should be of interest to those who have the book, and, save for Trevor (thanks, Trevor!), I haven't gotten a single comment.
I hear you Greg and do read your posts. I did actually have a look at a few of those spreadsheets but need to set aside a few hours to go through them in detail. I've just been a bit busy of late and right now I'm laid low with a cold.

Yes the forum has been quiet of late. Bob who started the forum was much more hands on with his running of the forum and was more active with his building than I am at present. Unfortunately Jeremy and myself found ourselves running the forum at short notice when Bob had to quit building for health reasons. We are currently discussing a few changes to the team running the forum....more on that when it eventuates.

Anyway..please dont let the lack of posts from others put you off posting your comments......theyre appreciated by myself and many others even if we dont make it obvious.
Martin

Dave M
Blackwood

Post by Dave M » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:42 am

Yes quite. Dave
------------------
Dave

JurgenV
Myrtle

Post by JurgenV » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:49 pm

Hi Greg,

more or less the same from my side. Please continue
I always read your posts I just haven´t got much to say at the moment. Mostly occupied with other things
Work, building my second guitar for a customer,

edvinguitars.fi
Gidgee

Post by edvinguitars.fi » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:45 pm

Greg,

I just joined the forum, after having found there is not much discussion regarding contemporary acoustic guitar design in my home country.
We have a long tradition in instrument building in the traditional way. But I am quite alone , now building this country's first sets of falcate braced guitars. (by the way, my lutherie instructor says the has played quite a few good acoustics during his career, like Bourgeois etc, and this falcate braced live back instrument is so far the best and lively guitar he ahs seen, so I guess I will continue on this path...)

Have been reading through your posts thoroughly and also have been utilizing the excel sheets already in my builds. Very valuable thanks! Will be posting and joining the discussion when I further proceed in my next builds.

- Jani