Likely Scam

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

peter.coombe
Blackwood

Likely Scam

Post by peter.coombe » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:54 pm

Just received this. Smells strongly of an attempted scam to me. Several red flags. I replied I don't take credit cards and so far no reply.

Thanks for the swift response,

I really wish i could call the store directly, Am a single mother with a lovely girls for about three years now and sadly i had a motor bike accident for over speeding since the 29th of July, was a fatal accident and just recovered back my foot also broken ribs but still fighting partial hearing loss & currently undergoing surgery, this will be the best way to communicate with you which i hope it won't be a problem.

I will need to make full gift and mini friends and family party preparations for my daughter ( Hazel ) before my arrival...I'm budgeting $1000- $3000 for the acoustic electric guitar as she have been trying to setup her indoor mini studio and been anticipating getting a wonderful acoustic electric guitar for a while now as why i love to surprise her, also i hope your store will open for it pickup by 2nd October 2019 3pm, she's 5ft.8inch tall and right-hand player. Â

Let me know if you can handle that for me on that date and also a clear attached picture for the proposed guitar you think could best suit and affordable also let me have the total price altogether with GST, I as well need a contact name, phone number and the full address of your store so i can forward them to my party planner to locate your store when they are coming for the pick up, I need those information in other to send you my credit card details so as to make payment soonest.

Await your earliest reply,

Sarah Stamp.  Â
Peter Coombe - mandolin, mandola and guitar maker
http://www.petercoombe.com

Steve
Blackwood

Re: Likely Scam

Post by Steve » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:23 am

Looks like you’re on the money. She appears to have a voracious appetite to splurge on her daughters...
https://www.print21.com.au/news/graphic ... print-scam

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:43 am

I think she wants you to be her love slave Pete :D

It's got scam city written all over it. Send her my contact details....I'll make a 5 necked fan fretted Franken guitar for her daughter.
Martin

Joseph Jones
Myrtle

Post by Joseph Jones » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:59 am

Just recovered from a fatal accident hey? 😅

Joseph
The stone is hard and the drop is small but a hole is made by the constant fall.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:33 am

"I as well need a contact name, phone number and the full address of your store so i can forward them to my party planner to locate your store when they are coming for the pick up"

Party planner?????
Martin

rocket
Blackwood

Post by rocket » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:26 pm

Love you long time!!
Like I said before the crash, " Hit the bloody thing, it won't hit ya back

www.octiganguitars.com

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:05 pm

Make her daughter one of these....
Pikasso_Guitar_(lowres).jpg
Pikasso_Guitar_(lowres).jpg (292.09 KiB) Viewed 8503 times
Martin

peter.coombe
Blackwood

Post by peter.coombe » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:23 pm

Yes well I have not heard from sob story single mother Sarah again. Missed out there, but also dodged a credit card fraud. I gave up my merchant facility years ago and never regretted it. Customers can still use a credit card via Paypal.
Peter Coombe - mandolin, mandola and guitar maker
http://www.petercoombe.com